Wednesday, February 8, 2012

One of those new ones

I made one fatal flaw in writing my last blog. I stated in the blog that my next blog would have a particular topic. Sadly this is not the case and in many circles I will be considered a liar. To all that were interested in the pic at the end of my last blog, all I will say now is that you will see it in the future. The reason I did push the side project post back was simply because between then and now I had a better idea. In mid to late December I started talks with a former classmate of mine who wants to get a painting made. Since then we've ironed out a good deal of the details and it's unofficially in the works. When it's official I may say something, but I may not until the piece is completed and paid for in full. The reason I am bringing up this project is because in essence this is the root of my idea or at least where it began.
      This week started off with a photoshoot that I wasn't really involved in, I was just hanging out with the children of the photographer and the subject. By hanging out I mean watching Nickelodeon with them while the shoot was going on and once in awhile saying "hey don't do that." It was an entertaining and somewhat drawn out afternoon but it got me out the house so I wasn't complaining. My whole purpose of being there was coordinating with the photographer and getting a shot or two for this portrait I'm working on because I'm smart and I thought it'd be easier to do that instead of scheduling another shoot so I could take my own pics. Plus I'm not a photographer so I leave it to the pros (that is unless you pay me enough.) So ideally the plan at the beginning of the day was to go there, get some useful shots and then hit up the art supply store to pick up some colors i recently used to depletion. Sad thing about ideals though is that sometimes the reality never pans out to work with them. That day was no exception. Ultimately I ended up getting to the store at 8:02 and the store closed at 8 and I walked away with the semi defeated look.
Photobucket
       As I was headed home listening to music I thought about change for some reason. Not in the Obamanian sense, but in a more mental sense. In particular I was thinking about changing something that you don't like about yourself , the struggle to change and the victory of success. It occurs to me that in the future I want to create a few paintings that represent that process. Recently I've been really into mirrors and masks and have been contemplating pieces relating to reflections and the act of looking into the mirror. I posted a new digital piece on my facebook page and I was pleased with the results I got so far but am only scratching the surface. More's going to come from the eventual research that will result from beginning this stage of interest. More to come next time and expect to see the Power Ranger's morpher in the forseeable future.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment